Yummy cold-busting gummies! Made with healthy, all-natural herbal ingredients!
We are always interested in ways to stay healthy naturally at our house, and being a mom and teacher, I need ways to beat a cold or flu fast, so I always keep my homemade elderberry syrup on hand. We add it to smoothies, drizzle over yogurt parfaits, or even ice cream! But recently, I’ve been curious about how to make this delicious herbal remedy more accessible to others- especially kids! And who doesn’t love eating yummy gummies!? I’ve found a recipe that combines the powerful herbal support of elderberries plus the benefits of protein packed gelatin.
Elderberries are known to be terrific cold-busters, and a wonderful all-around daily support for immune system health. The elder berries are packed with vitamins A and C, and flavonoids to assist day-to-day immune function. I add elder flowers to my syrup for respiratory support. The flowers are also known to reduce fevers and help rid your body of phlegm.
Beef gelatin can help build healthy nails, skin and hair for most. It may also help fix leaky gut. And those following a ketogenic diet use this supplement to enjoy a boost in metabolism and energy levels.
So I’ve put together a super-easy recipe to follow using our Forage+Salvage elderberry syrup– and the best part- it only takes 10 minutes and is fun to make with the whole family!
Take these daily as needed to avoid colds, or take every few hours to help beat the flu faster! These will last up to two weeks in the fridge in an airtight container. This recipe is gluten-free, but non-vegan.
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 130 Minutes
- 1 cup Forage + Salvage Elderberry Syrup
- ½ cup hot water (just under boiling)
- ¼ cup gelatin powder
- Put ¼ cup of cooled Forage+Salvage Elderberry syrup into a bowl or measuring up, and quickly whisk in the gelatin powder.
- Add ½ cup of hot water and whisk until smooth.
- Add the rest of the elderberry syrup and continue to whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour immediately and quickly into molds using mixing cup pour spout or the dropper that comes with the molds (the mixture will start to set quickly)
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely firm.
- Pop out of molds and store in an airtight container. *Can last up to two weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight container.